Wednesday 30 September 2020

2020-09-29 One more day!

Lac Ste Anne - Alberta Beach

Al's Report:

Windfinder forecast looked very good for Monday and nothing for Tuesday, but Monday's wind just didn't happen.  So Ingrid and I went to Elk Island Park for a fall walk and were greeted by a 4.8 sail size wind for the next four hours.  The water was a bit stinky, however, so I was glad that the windsurf stuff was at home. We did see a bull moose, several Elk, an American Bittern, and, of course, Buffalo.  

Tuesday morning started with a surprisingly different wind forecast.  I was amazed that Harold hadn't phoned me by 9:30 am!  A quick call confirmed that Harold was committed to moving furniture and couldn't go sailing?  WTF!  

So Al ended up as the only windsurfer at Alberta Beach ripping it up (or something like that) on his 6.5 and 99 litre board.  Vadim joined me in the late afternoon and got sailing on his 6.5 and Go board.  Several kiters were out, including Ross on his foil.

Hopefully, Harold's furniture is in the right place now.

Dried Meat Lake - Ted's Place

Ted's Report:

I waited until Louise and Spencer were back from town so I would have a rescue plan and then loaded my truck and brought my gear down the hill.

I first tried my 6.0 Wind Wing.  While I made it out and back, and did build up some speed and start to fly the foil, I was just too overpowered.  I came back to shore, did a short walk of shame, and then took out my 5.2 Flyer.  I had a good session until the wind started to die around 5:30.  (The gusts were still strong, but there were more and more lulls).

Louise was kind enough to take some photos!

I had two or three nice jibes where I kept speed throughout the jibe!  Slow progress!




Nice fall colours!



No comments:

Post a Comment